Published on October 3rd, 2015 | by dinoseoul0
2015 Korean Film Festival in Singapore
Have you ever wanted to see your favourite Korean stars on the big screen? Catch them this October at the Shaw Theatres Lido during the annual Korean Film Festival in Singapore!
Get ready for some explosive action in Jeon Ji Hyun’s latest summer blockbuster film Assassination (2015), Ode to My Father (2014) which set the second highest-grossing film in the history of Korean cinema and The Divine Move (2014) featuring veteran Korean actor Jung Woo Sung.
The opening film Northern Limit Line (2015) is a naval thriller based on the real-life events of the Second Battle of Yeonpyeong which took place when South Korea was caught in a football frenzy during the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
Lastly, in commemoration of 40 years of diplomatic relations between Korea and Singapore, we have arranged special events including opening speeches by top Singaporean film-maker Mr. Eric Khoo, and even a guest appearance by actor Kang Ha Neul from the film Twenty (2015).
1) Northern Limit Line (연평해전) directed by Kim Hak-Soon
2) Assassination (암살) directed by Choi Dong-Hoon
3) The Target (표적) directed by Chang
4) Ode to My Father (국제시장) directed by JK Youn
5) Love Forecast (오늘의 연애) directed by Park Jin-Pyo
6) The Chronicles of Evil (악의 연대기) directed by Baek Woon-Hak
7) A Hard Day (끝까지 간다) directed by Kim Seong-Hun
8) Detective K: Secret of the Lost Island (조선명탐정: 사라진 놉의 딸) directed by Kim Sok-Yun
9) The Divine Move (신의 한수) directed by Jo Bum-Gu
10) Twenty (스물) directed by Lee Byeong-Heon
Date: October 23 – November 1
Opening Night Theatre: Lido Hall 1
Venue: Shaw Theatres Lido, 350, Orchard Road, 5th/6th Floor, Shaw House
Tickets are S$10, with the exception of Twenty at S$20.
Sales begin on 5 Oct 2015 at Shaw Online or Shaw Theatres Lido.
Kang Ha Neul will have THREE separate events during his time in Singapore. Please see below:
1. Kang Ha Neul’s 1st Showcase in Singapore
Date: Oct 31 (Saturday)
Venue: Plaza Singapura
Note: This is a public event and you will be able to get a glimpse of Kang Ha Neul, even if you did not win a group photo opportunity.
2. Just For You: Selfie with Kang Ha Neul
Date: Nov 1 (Sunday)
Venue: Clove Room, Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay (Level 5)
Standard – $110 nett
Includes: One (1) Selfie + One (1) On-site Personalised Autographed Poster
Limited to 50 fans only.
Ticket sales start on Oct 23, 2015, 10am at http://bit.ly/JustforYou_KangHaNeul!
3. Kang Ha Neul to Meet & Greet Viewers at Twenty Screening
Korean Actor Kang Ha Neul will greet viewers before the screening of Twenty (2015) at 6.50pm, while the movie will be screened at 7pm. Holders of KMTV ticket packages will receive pre-signed posters and take a picture with him at 5.30pm at Shaw Theatres Lido.
Tickets & Prices:
Standard Package (Movie ticket + Poster) – $25
Meet & Greet Package (Standard Package + Autograph + Group Photo) – $50
- Autograph to only be signed on the official poster given.
- Photos with Kang Ha Neul will be taken in groups of 10.
2015 Korean Film Festival in Singapore is organised by the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Singapore. Visit www.koreanfilmfestivalsg.com for more information.